The folks at March For Our Lives have released their five-point list of fanatical, half-baked, 2nd-Amendment-busting demands:
- Fund more gun violence research. We actually made a step in this direction when President Trump signed the 2018 budget, which clarifies that the 1996 Dickey Amendment doesn’t prohibit the CDC from conducting gun research.
- Unleash the ATF. Let them store their background-check records on a computer, for example.
- Universal background checks. In theory, everyone is in favor of this. In theory.
- High-capacity magazine ban. This has long been my favorite. MFOL is calling for a 10-round limit. I’d make it six, myself.
- Assault weapons ban. The gun folks are right when they say it’s tricky to define “assault weapon,” but it’s not actually impossible.
This stuff is just plum crazy. Those kids have gone off their—
Wait. That’s it? That’s really…very reasonable, isn’t it? It’s also politically plausible. And legal too, since the Supreme Court has already ruled on all these things. They’ve really done their homework, haven’t they? Maybe we should listen to them.