Biden Continues to Widen His Lead Over Trump

My usual Wednesday crash came early today and I just woke up from it. Since the news is mostly about the continuing insane weirdness of Donald Trump’s brush with COVID-19 and how it’s energized the anti-mask fervor among his fans, how about if we just take a look at the latest polls? Here’s the Economist aggregate:

For the past week or so Joe Biden has been slowly increasing his lead over Trump. Overall, the Economist now gives Biden a 91 percent chance of winning. That may sound great to Biden supporters, but remember: that still means Trump has a 9 percent chance of winning. It ain’t over til it’s over.

THE END...

of our fiscal year is Thursday, June 30, and we have a much larger fundraising gap than we can easily manage with only days left to go.

Right now is no time to come up short: If you value the hard-hitting, democracy-protecting, justice-advancing journalism you get from Mother Jones, please help us keep charging as hard as we possibly can with a much-needed and much-appreciated donation today.

payment methods

THE END...

of our fiscal year is Thursday, June 30, and we have a much larger fundraising gap than we can easily manage with only days left to go.

Right now is no time to come up short: If you value the hard-hitting, democracy-protecting, justice-advancing journalism you get from Mother Jones, please help us keep charging as hard as we possibly can with a much-needed and much-appreciated donation today.

payment methods

We Recommend

Latest

Sign up for our free newsletter

Subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily to have our top stories delivered directly to your inbox.

Get our award-winning magazine

Save big on a full year of investigations, ideas, and insights.

Subscribe

Support our journalism

Help Mother Jones' reporters dig deep with a tax-deductible donation.

Donate